CALLING ALL Walking Curriculum and Imaginative Ecological Education enthusiasts! Enrich your imaginative ecological outdoor teaching practices in this Spring 2023 event.
In lieu of a Walking Curriculum 30-day challenge this year, we want to do something different!
We want to go deeper with imagination-focused practices and unearth the principles that infuse the Walking Curriculum.
Over 3 weeks of learning in a self-paced but supported approach (including 3 LIVE webinars and daily prompts via email), you will dig into and apply the COGNITIVE TOOLS that engage your students’ emotions and imaginations in and with Place.
Well, besides the BONUS of joining a community of educators passionate about taking learning outdoors with IMAGINATION…reason enough?
By signing up you can:
- Engage in learning that is self-paced, self-directed, live and/or asynchronous—you choose.
- Practice employing tools that support emotional connections—tools that engage your students’ imaginations and emotions in Place.
- Practice employing tools useful for making ANYTHING you teach meaningful and memorable.
- Celebrate Earth Day 2023 by participating in this imaginative outdoor learning study in advance and connecting with PLACE over time.
- Support the ENVIRONMENTAL YOUTH ALLIANCE and the CBEEN Environmental Education Endowment Fund! (For every teacher registered, imaginED will donate $$ to these two great charities.)
- Participate in 3 live webinars with Imaginative Eco Educators in a national/international network. These will be recorded, and the recordings will be shared with registrants. The Walking Curriculum Unearthed Series Tentative topics:
1. Monday March 27th – 4pm Pacific / 7pm Eastern
“The Walking Curriculum Unearthed”: Tools for Cultivating FEELING in Place (Why “cognitive tools” support students in connecting to Place and how to use them.)
2. Monday April 3rd – 4pm Pacific / 7pm Eastern
“The Walking Curriculum Unearthed”: Growing Your Imaginative Teaching Network (Networking: Sharing experiences, Q&A with the imaginED IEE teaching team
3. Monday April 17 – 4pm Pacific / 7pm Eastern
“The Walking Curriculum Unearthed”: Digging Deeper into Feelings, Activeness, and Place (Q&A / Next Steps for Learning)